Fiber to Ethernet Converters Extend Copper Ethernet Links over Optical Fiber
Fiber to Ethernet Converters use a copper transceiver to transform the signal from a UTP / RJ45 Ethernet link to one that can be used by a fiber optic transceiver. These Media Converters are used to enable connections of UTP copper-based Ethernet equipment to various optical fiber cable such as multimode, single mode, or single strand fiber. The benefits include, extending Ethernet links over greater distances, protecting data from noise and interference, and future proofing a network with additional bandwidth capacity.
Copper-based Ethernet connections are limited to a data transmission distance of only 100 meters [328 feet] when using unshielded twisted pair ( UTP ) cable. By using an Ethernet to fiber conversion solution, fiber optic cabling can be used to extend this link over a greater distance. An Ethernet to Fiber Media Converter can also be used where there is high level of electromagnetic interference (EMI) which is a common phenomenon found in industrial plants. This interference can cause corruption of data over copper-based Ethernet links. Data transmitted over fiber optic cable is immune to EMI noise, ensuring optimal data transmission across the plant floor.
- Link 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1G, 2.5G or 10G Copper to Multimode or Single Mode fiber
- Supports Dual Fiber and Single Fiber (SX, FX, LX, EX, ZX, BX) connections and data transmission
- Options for operation in Unmanaged or Secure Managed Networks
- Advanced features & functionality for efficient troubleshooting & less on-site maintenance
- Choose from over 760 models to meet any fiber integration project need