Mikrotik RouterBOARD cAP-2nD Ceiling Access Point
The MikroTik RouterBOARD cAP-2nD is a compact ceiling-mounted access point designed for wireless networking and is part of MikroTik’s RouterBOARD product line. Below is a description of this access point:
- Form Factor: The cAP-2nD is designed to be mounted on the ceiling or wall, making it suitable for indoor installations where aesthetics and space-saving are important considerations. Its unobtrusive design allows it to blend into the environment easily.
- Wireless Standards: This access point supports wireless networking using the 802.11b/g/n wireless standards. It operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band and is capable of providing wireless connectivity for various devices.
- Antenna: The cAP-2nD typically comes with an integrated omnidirectional antenna, which provides a 360-degree coverage pattern. This can help distribute wireless signals evenly in all directions, making it suitable for providing Wi-Fi coverage in open spaces.
- Ethernet Ports: It is equipped with one or more Ethernet ports (typically at least one Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet port) for connecting to the wired network infrastructure. These ports can be used to provide both power and data connectivity to the access point.
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Support: The cAP-2nD may support PoE, which means it can be powered through the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for a separate power source at the installation location. This is convenient for remote installations.
- RouterOS: MikroTik devices often run RouterOS, a powerful and flexible operating system that allows for advanced configuration and management of network features. This gives administrators fine-grained control over the access point’s settings and capabilities.
- Security Features: Like many MikroTik devices, the cAP-2nD likely offers various security features, such as encryption, authentication, and access control, to ensure the privacy and security of the wireless network.
- Management and Monitoring: RouterOS provides a web-based management interface, as well as command-line access, for configuring and monitoring the access point’s settings and performance.
- Mounting Options: The cAP-2nD is designed for easy installation on ceilings or walls. It often comes with mounting hardware and instructions to facilitate installation.
- Use Cases: The cAP-2nD can be used in a variety of scenarios, such as providing wireless internet access in homes, small offices, retail stores, hotels, or other indoor environments where reliable Wi-Fi coverage is needed.
It’s important to note that specific features and specifications may vary depending on the exact model and version of the cAP-2nD, as MikroTik may release different variants with varying capabilities over time. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, refer to the official MikroTik website or product documentation.