Epson Printer doesn’t recognize new cartridge is an error that you can encounter most often while using the Epson device. When you get this glitch in your Epson printer, then the printer renders to be usable. It can be undoubtedly one of the most frustrating issues. The reasons due to which you can get this problem are if the firmware of the printer is not up-to-date. When the metal contacts of the new cartridge are not clean, then also you can get this issue. If the new ink cartridges are not compatible with the model of the printer, then also you can face this technical glitch. By going through this article, you will get to know the effective solutions that will help you to correct this problem easily.
Learn the Exact Solutions to Resolve Epson Printer Doesn’t Recognize New Cartridge Issue:
In this section, you will get various points that will help you to solve the Epson printer doesn’t recognize the new cartridgein a simple and easy way.
Solution 1: Check the New Ink Cartridges
You can get this error if the new cartridge is not properly installed on the printer. In order to do that in the correct way, follow the steps below.
- First, switch on your Epson printer. After that, open the front lid to reveal the internal components of the device.
- Next, tap on the button ‘Stop’ for about six seconds. This will take the print head on the replacement position.
- Now, press the sides of the cartridge together and then pull it out on the upwards direction to take it out.
- Once the cartridges are taken out, then wait for around thirty seconds. After that, shake it slowly for about four to five times and do not spill the ink.
- Check if there is a tape in yellow color on the side of the cartridge. If the tape is present, then pull it to remove.
- Next, put the new cartridge on the holder and push it down until you hear a ‘click’ sound.
- Repeat from the third step until the previous one for all the other ink cartridges.
- When all the ink cartridges are installed properly, again tap on the ‘Stop’ button to return the print head to the home position.
- On the home position, the print head will charge the ink. During that time, the light on the ‘Power’ button will flash. Once the process of charging gets over, the button’s light will be solid.
Solution 2: Clean the Metal Contacts of the Epson Printer
If there is dirt on the metal contacts of the printer where the new cartridge are inserted, then due to improper connections between the contacts, you can face this glitch. Follow the steps below to do this properly.
- First, remove the cartridge if you have already installed with the help of the previous point. Only one thing you will have to keep in mind is to switch off and remove the plug of the device before you start to remove the cartridge
- After that, take a lint-free cloth and gently wipe the metal contacts where the ink cartridge connects within the printer.
- Try to remove any dirt and dust present on the metal contact. Once the cleaning process gets completed, insert the cartridge
- Finally, check if you are still getting this error or not.
Solution 3: Procedure to Update the Epson Printer Firmware
Here, at this point, you will get the steps that help you to update the firmware of the Epson printer.
- First, click on the ‘Windows Logo’ that is present on the taskbar.
- After that, locate the option ‘Epson Software’ and click it to expand. Next, from the sub-options, choose the option ‘Epson Software Updater’. This will a new window that has a similar name as the option you chose on the previous line.
- Now, tap on the drop-down menu and choose the model name of the Epson printer that you have from the list. After that, tap on the Refresh button beside the drop-down menu.
- If there is an update available for the printer, then that will be on the table ‘Essential Product Updates’.
- Put a checkmark on the option ‘Firmware Updater’ and choose it. If you wish to install any other software, then insert the tick mark on that software.
- After that, at the end of the window, tap on the button ‘Install’.
- When you get a message box that asks ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’, then simply choose the button ‘Yes’.
On the new window that comes up about the EULA/End User License Agreement, either you can read the entire agreement or just tap the radio button ‘Agree’. Next, ‘OK’ button. Then, follow the additional steps provided below.
- Once you get the window on ‘Epson Firmware Updater’, then choose the ‘Start’ button. At the moment, you should tap on that button. Then, the installation of the update will initiate.
- When the installation gets completed, click on the ‘Finish’ button. Now, there will a message box that says ‘The installation was successful.’, then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- At last, quit this window and restart the computer.
Solution 4: Reset the Memory of the Epson Printer
This solution will give you the steps in detail to set up the memory of the printer once again. For that, you will have to follow the sentences below.
- First, shut down the printer.
- Next, take a pin and go to the back side of the device. There, locate the reset button and with the pin tap and hold that button.
- While the Reset button is pressed, attempt to hit the ‘Power’ button of the printer to turn it on. After that, keep on holding the Reset button.
- After some time, you will see a message that comes up. At that moment, let go of that button.
- Next, after a few seconds, you will get the factory reset IP address of the device.
To rectify the problem Epson printer doesn’t recognize new cartridge, you will have to follow all the points on the above section carefully. Now, if after following the steps discussed above, you still cannot able to correct this glitch, then do not worry at all. Provide details about the query that you have faced in the comment section. Also, you can contact a technical expert to eliminate this error from your Epson printer.